Spider veins are very similar to varicose veins. Varicose veins are enlarged veins that lie just below the surface of the skin. Most of the time they appear, they will do so on the lower legs or thighs. Spider veins on legs are very similar to varicose veins, but are smaller and have a more tangled, tree-like appearance. They tend to be very small, and will also occasionally appear on the face in addition to the legs.
They are very common afflictions. They occur in about half of the population, though they are slightly more common in women than they are in men. They also become more common as you get older.
What is the Result behind it?
Enlarged veins develop for several different reasons. The first and most common is advancing age. As we grow older, regular wear and tear on the blood vessels cause them to not work as well. They can also be caused by lack of movement, hormonal changes, pregnancy, and obesity. They occur most often in the legs because the valves in the legs have to work against gravity, and thus are under the greatest strain.
These sorts of veins are generally not considered to be dangerous but one should take a visit to a best vein treatment clinic. They can cause trouble and are ugly, but frequently do not lead to any additional obstacles.
What are the treatments available for spider veins?
Sclerotherapy and closure system
- Endovenous laser therapy (EVLT)
- Compression stockings or socks
- Laser treatment
- What are the Risk Factors of Spider vein treatment?
Multiple risks are there in spider vein treatment but some of them are here-
- Being female
- Being older
- Being overweight
- Sitting or standing for extended periods
- A prior blood clot or vein damage
- Excess force in the face
- Spider vein Preventions
Here are some of them-
Possess healthy weight
- Tight fitted clothes should be avoided
- consumption of alcohol should be limited
- Do exercise regular
- Upraise your legs
- Take a visit to a dermatologist
- Always wear your sunscreen
- Hence, the above mentioned are some of the basic and brief overviews about spider veins. For further questions, as well as treatment options, make sure to visit your doctor if you are experiencing discomfort and the top vein treatment center.